A17 is here! Sort of!
Not a lot of things are as terrifying in survival situations than zombies… aside from regularly scheduled super-zombies. Build your base (or reinforce existing structures) using voxel style building as the pressure builds during the 7-day cycle while trying to find parts to craft weapons to defend yourself when they do break through your defenses… And break them they will. All we can say is: Rule 1 – Cardio!
We’re running the War of the Walkers mod on the experimental build currently. There may be bugs… OK, there will likely be bugs. We’ll do the best we can to accommodate, but please understand that this is beta and we’re going to have to roll with the punches a bit…
Server settings are a little tougher. Harder than normal zombies that always run, and some will sprint. Loot and XP are vanilla.
Part A – Install the experimental build of 7D2D
- Open Steam
- Right click on 7 Days to die in your library
- Click on “Properties” in the drop down
- Clik on the “Betas” tab
- Click the drop down
- Click latest_experimental – Unstable build
- Click “close.”
The game will now update (about 3 GB at the time of this publication).
Part B – Install the mod launcher
Now you will need to install the War of the Walkers mod.
Download the 7D2D mod launcher from the GitHub link on their page.
After installing, you will need to open the launcher and configure WotW
Find “War of the Walkers” in the list and click the [+] to expand it, then highlight “War of the Walkers Beta” (Important to use this version, won’t work with our server otherwise)
- Click “Install game copy (Prevents the mod from mucking up your vanilla game install or saves – yay!)
- Click “Pre-Sync Mod.” This will download the mod content to your machine, and may take a while depending on your internet connection.
- To join, you MUST check the “Use EAC” box
- Click “Play mod” to launch 7 Days to Die using the mod
- Once you’re in, go to the server browser like normal and find OB Legion 7 Days WOW (hard) in the server list and enjoy!
If you don’t see our server, you can join manually:
Make sure to join our Discord to report issues so that we can try to help you out. Admins are not always on the game server, but we generally watch the Discord for any issues that pop up and can fix most problems with our remote tools no matter where we are. Also, make sure to report bugs to FunPimps, as we will only be able to help with issues on our server.
- This is a PvE server, if there are any glitches please respect this.
- Keep the language clean in global chat
- Don’t be a douchebag. Trolls and griefers are not tolerated.